Citrix is a cloud company that enables mobile workstyles. We create a continuum between work and life by allowing people to work whenever, wherever, and however they choose. Flexibility and collaboration is what we’re all about. The Perks: We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package. You’ll enjoy our workstyle within an incredible culture. We’ll give you all the tools you need to succeed so you can grow and develop with us.
The Director of Global Accounting Systems will manage global team of SAP Business Analysts responsible for design, implementation, effective operation and level one support/trouble shooting of various mission-critical accounting systems at Citrix. Director accountable for:
- Identifying and partnering with stakeholders to implement solutions/enhancements that achieve efficiencies, enforce compliance or increase gross margin of Citrix
- Serve as stakeholder on all projects resulting in updates (including downstream) to SAP FICO module and to SD module to the extent they impact financial accounting and disclosure
- Provide first line support for accounting system issues
- Protecting financials against configuration changes that will present financial misstatement
- Manage Controller and Shared Service
- Systems supported include SAP ECC, Ariba Integration, Blackline Integration, BOBJ, SAP BPC (consolidations only), Concur Integration, SAP BW, SAP ECC and Vertex and other non-SAP systems such as SFDC, Apttus or other SaaS systems that may be implemented.
Primary Duties / Responsibilities
- Manage team of SAP Business Analysts and one Web Developer located in multiple time-zones.
- Act as escalation point for resolution of accounting systems issues, including high priority month and quarter end issues.
- Review and approve all transports to SAP production system.
- Stay current with SAP and other Accounting System developments. Promote standard, scalable solutions. Ensure team has current knowledge of core system capabilities, new releases, and technologies.
- Establish priorities requiring IT or consulting resources.
- Review, draft or comment on project documentation impacting accounting systems including but not limited to: framework decks, business requirements documents, functional specs, high level designs.
- Work with other business units to understand non-accounting/finance projects requiring accounting/finance decisions or participation.
- Develop playbooks for repeatable processes/enhancement requests.
- Allocate team resources to address enhancement requests, UAT and review of upstream system impacts.
- Communicate with stakeholders regarding accounting/financial system projects, impacts, and enhancement.
- Ability to manage multiple initiatives in parallel
- Assist the business with management of business requirements and needs for org readiness that need to be required and facilitated by system enablement projects
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities)
- Ability to interact effectively with executives, functional peer groups and subordinates to gain commitment and cooperation from others, especially those in other departments with competing priorities
- Strong and effective communication abilities are required, especially verbal communication skills to translate technical jargon into easily understandable concepts
- Understanding of order to cash, procure to pay, and record to report processes
- Ability to manage expectations
- Ability to influence teams not directly managed by finance
- System implementation experience
- Understanding of cross module/system impacts
- 2 or more SAP go lives (including FICO module)
- Supported SAP configuration for company with international operations
- Experience in any of the following SAP modules:, FICO, Treasury, Controlling, Profitability Analysis, Cash Management, Accounts Receivable, Sales & Distribution, Material Management, Material Ledger, Accounts Payable, Logistics,
- Experience with SAP BPC (consolidations) or Hyperion Financial Management (HFM)
Team managed is accountable for items below:
- Provide functional expertise and facilitate support, development and enhancement of systems utilized by the following teams: Tax, Treasury, Accounting, Accounts Receivable, Credit, Revenue Operations, Accounts Payable, Shared Services, Procurement, and Cost/Inventory Accounting. Guidance includes configuration suggestions, standard practices, data extraction, and roadmap discussions.
- Partner with IT and business peers on SAP Team, Internal Audit, Production Operations, Supply Team, HR, and FP&A; to assure end-to-end solutions work as designed, do not compromise financials, and provide benefit to Citrix.
- Remain current on business, compliance and regulatory initiatives impacting core and supporting systems
- Provide ad-hoq system support as required including for month-end and quarter end close process
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to define business requirements and project/enhancement scope
- Review systems related project documentation. Partner with business and qa teams to determine UAT scenarios.
- Validate data related to system/enhancements cutover.
- Perform up to 80% of UAT for Tax, Treasury, Accounting, Accounts Receivable, Credit, Revenue Operations, Accounts Payable, Shared Services, Procurement, and Cost/Inventory Accounting teams.
- Manage IDEA creation and submission for IDEAS (enhancement requests) for Tax, Treasury, Accounting, Accounts Receivable, Credit, Revenue Operations, Accounts Payable, Shared Services, Procurement, and Cost/Inventory Accounting.
- Provide guidance on execution of SAP transactions.
- Provide IT with guidance on potential project and enhancement priorities.
- Provide guidance to other departments on system impacts to accounting functions
Physical Demands / Work Environment
- Domestic and international travel as needed. Ability to accommodate schedule to work off hours to support international discussions, close operations, and project efforts.
- Need to be available 24/7 or develop 24/7 support plan to address accounting systems escalations.
- Ability to work in shared space