Innovating for Wireless
The wireless industry moves fast, is ever changing, and is growing exponentially. Day and night, Brightstar anticipates trends and identifies issues – and proactively turns them into leading-edge business solutions and surprising growth opportunities for our customers to eclipse their competition.
Through Brightstar’s services and solutions, we touch almost every aspect of a wireless device somewhere in its lifecycle. We distribute product and manage inventory. We help businesses promote and sell product, both in-store and online. We recycle product and help resell it. And that’s not all: we meet consumers’ growing needs for device protection, replacement, trade-in and financing.
In this role, you will lead financial planning for the Financial Services (FS) business and ensure the quality of financial management throughout the FS organization. Together with your team, you will review global financial performance by product, channel and region and deliver value-added business analysis and risk management reporting to improve profitability and drive growth. You will oversee financial and operational metrics, and implement financial strategies and resources to ensure the achievement of strategic business plans and goals. Leveraging your strong relationships with regional CFOs and your innate creativity, you will introduce and manage change, and build process improvements.
- Manage the timely and accurate preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial forecasts including P&L; and Balance Sheet
- Oversee analysis on revenue, margins, capital at risk, return on investment capital and other relevant financial KPIs to provide information on early business indicators and to support decision making
- Prepare, develop and present monthly financial packages to the board, CEO, CFO and other senior leaders detailing the status of the business and providing insights on key items
- Lead the long term planning forecast (5-year plan)
- Participate in the analysis and approval of new business cases
- Build and maintain the relevant financial systems to support the FP&A; function globally
- Prepare ad-hoc reports as needed
- Deploy effective metrics and dashboards across the company to foster constant improvement and progress toward best practices
- 10+ years of accounting and/or financial leadership, ideally with at least 3 years’ experience as the leader of the budgeting process for large organization; several years in a global/multinational company
- Bachelor’s degree; Master’s in Finance & Accounting or related field, and/or MBA a plus
- Highly analytical; expert presentation and communication skills; excellent Excel and Hyperion skills
- Ability to manage competing demands; strong prioritization skills with the ability to lead projects through to execution
- Ability to work under pressure
- Demonstrated excellence in the areas of leadership, partnering with senior executives, business acumen, consulting, analysis, project management, communication, presentation, negotiation and problem solving
- Strong leader and change agent
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative manner and develop strong working relationships with internal clients, employees and colleagues
- Strong attention to detail, organized and desire for continuous improvement and innovation
- Trustworthy, with the highest ethical standards