The Business Analyst is a member of the PMO, QA, Business Process Development team. The associate is to create business process mappings, document IT project requirements and assume the role of Product Owner in Scrum Agile projects.
Reports within the IT organization
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Proactively communicate with business owners and deliver the following artifacts as needed: Prioritized backlogs of User Stories, Process maps, Process Development Recommendations, Use Cases, Screen and Interface designs.
- Building relationships with customers at ground level.
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Collaborate with project’s development team and subject matter experts to establish the vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
- Adheres to established IT project management processes, methodologies, and frameworks to ensure projects meet customer expectations while delivered on time, within budget, and following high quality standards.
Marginal Job responsibilities:
- Strong analytical skills, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into user stories and operational requirements.
- Knowledge of Microsoft technologies, especially Team Foundation Services (TFS), Visio, and Office
- Capable of taking ownership of tasks and running with them with minimal supervision.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS or Business Administration.
- Positive attitude.
- Minimum 5 years IT experience.
- Focus on client satisfaction and customer service.
- Results-oriented team player, who communicates and works with different levels.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to be flexible and adapt quickly to changing priorities and business direction.
- Strong initiative, commitment and a positive "whatever it takes" attitude.
- Experience with Business Process Management solutions, either from a supplier or end user perspective.
- Six Sigma Green belt or Black Belt