We believe work is not a place, but rather a thing you do. Our technology revolves around this core philosophy. We are relentlessly committed to helping people work and play from anywhere, on any device. Innovation, creativity and a passion for ever-improving performance drive our company and our people forward. We empower the original mobile device: YOU!
R5820 Senior Product Manager (Open)
Job Posting Title:
Senior Product Manager
Principal Product Manager
Objective of Position
The Principal Product Manager will develop and manage a single or multiple related product lines or cross-product functions for Citrix Online. The primary focus of this position is to enact alignment and implementation of the individual product strategy with Citrix Online’s long-term company goals, across most internal functions, and across potentially multiple product lines. At this level the Principal Product Manager is also responsible long-term strategic planning, cross-product initiatives and market validation of new products.
- Conducts market validation activities, such as customer prospect interviews and market analysis as part of new product or feature planning; validates product plans against research results and makes in-depth strategic recommendations based on seasoned judgment regarding roadmap to Senior management (these activities could be spread across related product lines, and Principal Product Manager will coordinate these activities)
- Creates and executes end-to-end product strategies and lifecycles for multiple related product lines, and clearly communicates to stakeholders throughout the organization
- Leads the Citrix Online product process involved from conception to release for all major and minor launches, with emphasis on interactions within the Research and Development department. Guide the Research and Development teams in understanding overall product strategy as it applies to multiple product lines
- Conducts focused market and customer research regarding product acceptance, usage and success and integrates results directly into the product strategy
- Drives and owns the product requirements process across multiple related product lines while working collaboratively with key stakeholders to prioritize and validate technology, features, product direction and strategy; drives strategic initiatives to place decision making close to the customer, using feedback to inform tactical and strategic decisions; drives cross-team analysis and sharing of data
- Develops product portfolio strategy and roadmap in concert with Product Management team
- Applies a deep and broad understanding of the Web-based remote access, remote support or collaboration landscape and identifies key areas of competitive difference, as well as looks toward future disruptive opportunities
- Acts as the product expert within the organization for assigned product lines
- Drives and influences adoption of product management best practices throughout the product management and engineering teams.
- Works with engineering leadership on an ongoing basis and serves as a key stakeholder/approver in many of the review and approval process inherent to software development
- Analyst Relations: Works with key industry analysts to put forth a positive message regarding the product line
- Project Management: Completes many projects involving coordination among a diverse set up; manages and maintains internal groups
- Product Marketing: Works closely with Product Marketing Leadership to divide and conquer nearly all duties involved with full spectrum product management
- Leadership: Sets strong examples to Associate and Product Line Mangers for Product Management best practices
- Communication: Presents to wide ranging audiences, including internal stakeholders, Webinars, trainings, customer visits, trade shows and industry events
- May guide Associate Product Managers and Product Managers through their duties and responsibilities.
Knowledge and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in business, computer science or related discipline
- 8+ years’ experience in product management for a software company, including 1+ years in a lead or people management role
- Familiarity with a variety of development, engineering, and sales processes (Agile, RUP, McGrath’s PACE, Pragmatic Marketing Framework, Sandler Sales, and Value Vision)
- Experience managing highly technical products; direct experience with SaaS a plus
- Proven track record of success in launching products
- Experience presenting to customers, analysts and press, industry groups on a regular basis to promote the business plan and build awareness; ability to solicit and synthesize input from customers, analysts and the marketplace
- Experience developing productive relationships and coordinating product management across product development, technical support, pre-sales, sales, service delivery and partner organizations in the software industry
- Demonstrated understanding of the product requirements definition and agile software development processes in the creation of software products
- Ability to develop a well-conceived and carefully constructed requirements and application definition
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate, influence and gain the cooperation necessary across the organization to successfully deliver to schedules/deadlines
- Experience working with customers to ensure new products and releases exceed their expectations
- Experience presenting to customers, analysts and press, industry groups on a regular basis to promote the business plan and build awareness
- Innovative: Challenging the way things are and imagining how they could be better.
- Business Minded: Demonstrating strategic thinking, operational savvy, and sound judgment.
- Design Driven: Delivering exceptional experiences that delight our customers, partners, and employees.
- Determined: Showing tenacity, resilience, and resourcefulness in driving results and achieving our goals.
- Accountable: Owning and keeping our commitments.
- Collaborative: Creating shared success.
- Leading Change: Embracing change and seizing the opportunities it brings.
- Inspiring Others: Sharing enthusiasm for our vision and belief in our culture.
- Building Talent: Realizing our full potential – as individuals and teams.