Who We Are
Innovating for Wireless
The wireless industry moves fast, is ever changing, and is growing exponentially. Day and night, Brightstar anticipates trends and identifies issues – and proactively turns them into leading-edge business solutions and surprising growth opportunities for our customers to eclipse their competition.
Through Brightstar’s services and solutions, we touch almost every aspect of a wireless device somewhere in its lifecycle. We distribute product and manage inventory. We help businesses promote and sell product, both in-store and online. We recycle product and help resell it. And that’s not all: we meet consumers’ growing needs for device protection, replacement, trade-in and financing.
* Responsible for high level voice network planning, design and optimization.
* Overall oversight for engineering standards, support, implementation, hardware and software standards including but not limited to routers (voice gateways (VG), switches, IP address management tools.
* Responsible to plan and recommend network hardware, systems management software and architecture as it relates to the voice environment.
* Modifies network design and architecture to ensure compliance as well as ensures capacity planning is performed.
* Assesses and makes recommendations for improvement.
* Responsible for the overall configuration and maintenance of routers, switches, and other appliances for the voice systems.
* Ensures capacity planning is performed and is proactive in assessing and making recommendations for improvement.
* Ensures reliability, scalability and availability of voice services.
* Responsible to conduct research into voice and networking issues and products as required. Has ownership and accountability for tasks and projects.
* Meets with customers to determine needs, and implement solutions to address issues.
* Responsible for the development of standards and recommends changes as appropriate.
* Keeps abreast of current industry trends.
* When performing any changes to the environment he manages network and change window activities ensuring network and individual server and client operations, performance, and integrity.
* Coordinates with Change Management, server/system administration, and security personnel on routine and non-routine maintenance actions to ensure continued network operations at the highest performance levels.
* Mentor others in change management practices and procedures and ensures others follow change management practices.
* Responds to issue escalation and service interruption as a confident technical leader (i.e. assumes technical leadership role in problem resolution and performs root cause analysis).
* Performs other duties or assists with special projects as necessary or assigned by his or her manager.
* Expert knowledge of Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Call Manager) ver. 7x/8x/9x/10x.
* Expert knowledge of Cisco Call Manager Express on various hardware platforms.
* Expert enterprise multi-cluster design, integrating CUCM (Call Manager), Unity and Unity Connection.
* Experience with Cisco IOS Telephony T1-PRIs/Gateways/MGCP/SCCP/SRST.
* Experience with Cisco QoS for VoIP (traffic engineering / best practices).
* Experience with legacy PBX / IP PBX phone systems.
* Experience with Cisco Telepresence technologies.
* Demonstrated ability to configure VoIP parameters on all Cisco switching and routing platforms to include static dial plan call routing, VLAN, SPT, QoS and other VoIP configuration parameters.
* Extensive experience with Layer 2 through 7 environments
* Experience with Spanning Tree and multiple routing protocols, e.g. BGP; EIGRP; and OSPF
* Experience with configuring and managing firewalls (Cisco ASA, VPN).
* Experience with network monitoring tools.
* Experience with wireless technologies as it relates to voice (Cisco WLC, WCS, Autonomous and Lightweight AP).
* Working knowledge of network protocol analysis and troubleshooting using various tools.
* Good working knowledge of network security technologies such as IPSEC, VPN, TACACS+ and RADIUS.
* Should possess exceptional oral and written communication skills; ought to be able to build strong working relationships with clients, customers, team members, managers, etc.
* Responsible for documenting procedures and keeping network diagrams and related material up to date.
* Must be able to thrive working in a team environment; values team interaction.
* After hours or weekend work will be required for on-call, and pre-planned maintenance.